Dodge Ram 1500 Video Review
The big news is that the HD trucks are now available in a crew-size cab-that's something Ram trucks have been missing out on for years. Yes, the Mega Cab is huge and fills the bill for many large families or crews, but the fact is that 50 percent of heavy-duty truck buyers get a crew cab-now Dodge can compete in that area.
The increased emphasis on...
The increased emphasis on creature comforts in the HD trucks is noticeable.
The other improvement we found significant was the attention to ride quality. Fluid-filled hydro mounts on the body improve damping and a retuned suspension really makes a difference in the feel of the 2500 and 3500 models.
We can't wait to get our hands on one of these trucks for some real-world testing of our own. Stay tuned.
Ram HD Body Hydro Mount
This mount goes between the body and the frame at the rear attachment.
• Fluid-filled hydro mounts
• Max tow package gross combined weight rating (GCWR) increases to 25,400 pounds
• Increased front gross axle weight rating (GAWR) of 5,500 pounds on 4x4 models equipped with the 6.7L Cummins
• Class IV receiver standard on all Ram HD models
• Numerous storage options, including in-floor
• Three cab sizes (regular, crew, Mega)
• Dualie rear fenders are integrated into the box
Dodge Ram heavy-duty trucks...
Dodge Ram heavy-duty trucks now have styling cues to set them apart from the light-duty trucks.
Dodge was brave enough to...
Dodge was brave enough to allow us to drive the trucks off-road.
We got to tow close to 16,000...
We got to tow close to 16,000 pounds behind the Ram trucks.